Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter 2014

It was another beautiful Kentucky Easter. Happily, I can't remember the last year we weren't all together with Andrew's family to celebrate the Savior's resurrection. I love all the sweet traditions we've established and the way the kids are growing into them more each passing year. Asher loves his grandparents, and is borderline obsessed with his cousins. His pure joy and excitement is something I always want to drink in and hold on to. So it's a happy drive down (mostly...We don't have a working DVD player and for the last three hours I basically become a crazed clown to keep children happy). 



The cousins. When your kids are always the ones who ruin pictures, you start taking a good, hard look at your parenting. In this age of camera phones shoved into the faces of our offspring at every turn, something must be deeply wrong when kids can't whip out a good artificial smile. 

Seriously though...do these really look like the faces of well-adjusted children?
No further questions.

The whole fam. Can you tell that Ali had to use a replacement head for Preston? And it still wasn't smiling. :)
This next year will be big for so many reasons...not the least of which are Abby and Will's upcoming wedding, and the two baby girls who will join our family in June! I think my least favorite hashtag applies: #blessed.

Families are forever, because of Him!

3 comments:

  1. I just love your boys! I told Gabe they are both pre-approved options for our girls. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I just love reading about your family! Its like really reading a happily ever after book! Y'all are such an amazing family! Miss y'all and hope to one day see you all again. (sorry about the too many Y'all words) lol! Ive really grown into my country vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete