Monday, December 31, 2018

Our Year in Review

2018 has come and gone in what feels like record time! I wanted to document the year just a bit here on our semi-abandoned blog. Our Christmas card did a good job of hitting this year's highlights, so here's that graphic:



What a year it's been! Asher's baptism; our spring break in DC; extended visit with cousins; celebrating 10 years of marriage together with the trip of a lifetime; welcoming a brand new nephew who lives three minutes away; summer days at Calypso Cove; Holiday World with cousins; our first trip back to Nauvoo since our wedding; Preston starting kindergarten; taking a last-minute (and our first) trip to Walt Disney World; finding out we are expecting our fourth child; enjoying Thanksgiving with Andrew's family in Bowling Green where we met and dated; Christmas with both sides of the family.

On a personal note, I made a goal to love better this year and have definitely seen progress! I became much more intentional with my social media use, and while I've missed lots of friends' happenings, feel like a more centered and present spouse and parent. I've had more time to listen to really good books and podcasts too! I just barely finished reading the Book of Mormon and feel so spiritually strengthened and full of gratitude for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives!

 This year had its tragedies and triumphs, but overall, we feel more balanced and blessed than ever before. Here's to big (and small :) things ahead in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment