Monday, May 30, 2011

Big and Small

I don't know how else to put this, so I'll just come out and say it: Asher is crazy.

I, of course, mean that in the best of ways - the sweet child is extraordinarily active. He climbs, he runs (I mean RUNS), he dances. He investigates everything, which is really just my nice way of saying he gets into every drawer, container, closet, and cabinet, empties its contents, then moves on in search of old food bits that have fallen to the floor.  I'll admit, it frazzles me sometimes.

His absolute favorite thing to do is play outside - looking for rocks, throwing balls, scaling the riding lawn mower, playing around inside the cars. He frequently crawls in the stroller and looks at me expectantly until I push him around the block. I don't mind, because he is actually holding still in one place.


 At Great- Granny's house wishing he could play ball with the big boys


Last Tuesday, Asher took a fall down the stairs. It was horrible. When the poor little guy finally calmed down and we ascertained he was bump and scrape free, we put him down to walk. To our dismay, he started collapsing when he put weight on his right foot. It wasn't swollen, but he continued to limp around on it. All of a sudden, I was desperate to have our wild, active toddler back.

Long story short, nothing was broken.  He'd just twisted his ankle, so we wrapped it and released him back into the wild. The limp only lasted for a day or two. Suddenly, it was a huge blessing to see him back to his old, busy self. What a good lesson in gratitude and perspective.

We're so thankful to our Heavenly Father who constantly teaches us, and watches over all of his children, big and small.

And we're extra grateful for our crazy Asher.


Sweet crip

 
Of course it's real

5 comments:

  1. Oh he is so cute and just having so much fun exploring everything. Glad his leg is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy! Glad he's back up and around even though it's wild. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post. The pictures of my little nephew in his baby brace broke my heart! He is so handsome. Can't wait to see him & Wes investigate the beach together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Asher! That story sounded oh too familiar! I'm glad he didn't break anything!
    P.S. When are you coming for another sleep over? We need to Catan and Bang it up!

    ReplyDelete