Thursday, March 27, 2014

German Village

On the South side of Columbus lies an incredible historic district called German Village, and it is full of the most charming European architecture, and so many excellent shops, parks, bakeries and cafes. Here are some images from a little walk-about I took this week.


                            
Everything is bricked!




Pistacia Vera macaroons are to. die. for. Like crisp chewy clouds of sweetness and perfection. They are $1.25 a piece, but I'd pay more. Seriously...if I could land a private sponsor, I'd spend my calories only with their baked goods. I still might start living there part time for the free smells.

 
The book loft is the largest privately owned bookstore in the country, and I've never been anywhere like it. There is a side courtyard full of books, and inside is a multi-level maze of small rooms and tiny nooks filled floor to ceiling with every kind of book imaginable!



Every detail of this place gives off the rich feel of history. I absolutely love it and cannot wait to go back when the gardens and courtyards are in full bloom!

2 comments:

  1. Sugar and books = two of my very favorite things. I think a trip to Columbus is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love German Village. We'd often go to Schiller on my lunch break while Phil was in school :) We also loved the Shakespeare in the park there. Still can't BELIEVE I never tried PistachiaVera

    ReplyDelete