Friday, April 29, 2011

No Stress in the Nest

So here we are, coming to you from rural Kentucky where we're living in my husband's parents basement. It's a glamorous life, but we try to stay grounded.

Aaactually, we love it here and are having a ball. Outside of the whole "we're living with my husband's parents" stigma, this whole arrangement has really been ideal! It's great to spend time with Ali and Bryan (who are also here this summer before going to dental school this fall), along with the other members of Andrew's extended family. I love not having a whole house to clean or being solely responsible for grocery shopping, meal planning or preparation. Asher is LOVING being around his grandparents. It's sweet to see, although I admit I sometimes miss being one of his two favorite people.

Andrew and I have both been able to work during the day (he works at Wing Supply and I substitute teach) while my saint of a sister-in-law watches Asher along with baby Henry. We get together with Andrew's extended family once or twice a week, attend institute Tuesdays and choir practice Wednesdays. Nights at home are usually spent playing games or watching something together, and honestly, I just love it. No stress in the nest. I know it's only temporary, but sometimes I wish it wasn't.


Here are a few pictures from Easter weekend:

All the Grandkids - Asher, Henry, Parker and Aubrey

Asher propositions Henry

Henry rejects


The whole family


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a ball! I miss you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed living with Steven's parents. It was fun. We miss it a little actually.

    I'm glad you like it because sometimes this could be a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete