Thursday, February 23, 2012

You're Killing Me, Smalls

Asher has started saying the funniest things. I think every stage has it's own challenges and rewards, and this effortless ability to make us laugh is definitely a reward during the challenge of these tantrum-filled "terrible twos." 

I catch him putting his stuffed animals and various other objects in time out all the time (last week, while half-asleep and frustrated with a runny nose getting on his pillow: "No, Face! Face in time out."). This kills me. The other day, however, I overheard as one stuffed animal actually found itself in Asher's good graces..."Ahhhhhh, lion so sweet. So nice..."

At any rate, here are some of the cute things he's said in the past two weeks.

Daddy: "Have you been a good boy today, Asher?"
Asher: (pauses and thinks) "I been.....okay."


Mommy: "We have to get you dressed so you can go play with Maddox!"
Asher: "Yes. And I be nice to Maggots."

Oh, the next two revolve around Asher's profound love of gum. We keep it off limits as he swallows and makes messes with it, but unfortunately, our efforts to hide it in high places have made him an increasingly motivated climber.


(Asher, dragging his stool from the bathroom)
Mommy: "What are you doing, Asher?"
Asher: (sighs) "I sorry, Mama, but I tryin to get the gum."  
(continues on his way)


Daddy: (holding a long, sticky string) "What is it?"
Mommy: "What IS it?"
Daddy: "It's GUM!"
Asher: "It's GOOD!" 


Those are all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there will be many more posts of this nature. And I'm glad.


 The fake grin he shoots the camera when we ask him to smile, but he's too busy running around.

Look at those crazy eyes...we love our little wild man!

No comments:

Post a Comment