Monday, April 16, 2012

The Day Starts with a Night

Today was one of those days where you put your shirt on backwards, forget a lunch, and your toothbrush falls into the toilet.

Ever had one of those? Little bad things happen and keep happening until you're forced to laugh, but then secretly wonder if dark forces are aligning against you...

Although it would be a better post if I did, I won't go into detail about the many bizarre happenings of this day. I am just extra clumsy and absent minded lately, which leads to a myriad of mildly upsetting (though amusing) occurrences,  and a husband cleaning up tomato sauce while explaining to you why he thinks you might have MS.

I've heard a lot of people say pregnant ladies are extra scatter-brained and klutzy...is this true? Maybe I should blame my condition. We're all suckers for a good excuse.

To be honest, though, I think at least a portion of today's craziness started with a bad decision - to go to bed past 2:00 last night. That simple. I have always been a night owl, but lately, it's gotten out of hand...as if I CAN'T go to bed until at least 1. But I'm intent upon changing that...because I can tell a real improvement in my day when I get to bed at a decent hour (and my definition of "decent" may sound ridiculous to most responsible adults...). It isn't rocket science - when you are a dum dum and stay up folding laundry, emailing and looking at lists of baby names until 2, you're definitely not going to wake and hit the ground running. 

You're just going to hit the ground. 

Which is why I am saving the painful details of this crazy day and signing off so I can go to sleep earlier tonight and have a fighting chance tomorrow. :) Sweet dreams!


2 comments:

  1. When I'm pregnant my absent mindness and klutzness...if both are even words, increase dramatically. And in the non pregnant life...I'm a horrible klutz!!! Hope tomorrow is better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my husband's not the only one going around diagnosing everyone with possible serious diseases. Thank goodness they put these boys through 3 more years before letting them loose on the public.

    ReplyDelete