Thursday, April 12, 2012

So Guess What?

We're having a baby at the end of the Summer! I'm 20 weeks along, and will be finding out the sex in an hour and a half. I'm feeling really excited. A little nervous. This determines so much of our future family dynamic!

I felt like it was a boy, but lately I'm just sure it's a girl...really, I have no idea whatsoever. We just want it to be one or the other. ;)

I want to record some honest thoughts now while I still don't know.

If baby's a BOY: Great!! Asher will have a buddy to rough around with! We already have boy clothes, toys, bedding, etc. This is the economical way to go! Boys are so much fun! We've done this once...boys are simple. Wild, wear-you-out, but easy to understand. And boys always love their Mamas, right? A boy would be wonderful.

If baby's a GIRL: Oh boy. Yay!!!!! Ohhh boy. A sweet, precious baby girl...who might blossom into a hateful teenage monster. A subdued little lady...who will likely offer all the emotional complexity her older brother did not. I LOVE little girls...and the idea of having a lifelong friend and confidant. A girl would make our family feel somehow complete.

At any rate, this is a win-win. Heavenly Father knows just who our family needs! No worries, can't wait! Wish us luck!



3 comments:

  1. oh how exciting for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you are having. You are amazing parents and will be fabulous with either gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations and good luck!

    Also, it was fun seeing you and Asher at COSI today! :) Lacey and I agree that we really want you to live closer. You are so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea we are pretty dang excited for you guys!! When I told Kevin someone else was pregnant were one of the 3 people he guessed. Congrats on your addition!

    ReplyDelete