Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Squares

This post isn't about us being losers...although there would be ample material for such an entry. The "squares" the title refers to are pictures from Instagram - my preferred social media outlet these days. It's like a fresh start. Facebook seems almost mandatory, but has become too public for me to feel comfortable disclosing much. Twitter is still a bandwagon I refuse to hop on. "Tweeting"? I know it's a hugely popular form of communication, but I can't talk about something someone "tweeted" with a straight face. I've always been a laggard.

So back to these squares. My blogging habits have been rotten, so I thought I'd get things up to speed by using Instagram pictures as a July highlight reel.

Fun at the pool with our pups

Asher's first trip to the movies. They saw "Monster's University," and little man loved it! Sat still the whole time. This feels like the beginning of a new chapter with our "older" kids...the "Doing Fun Stuff Outside of the Zoo and McDonald's Play Place" chapter.

Our family at the Hilliard Parade on July 4th

Our first concert together, just the two of us (unless you count orchestras). It was an anniversary gift to Andrew, who was an avid concert-goer before wedding his boring old lady. We saw Guster, Ben Folds Five, and Bare Naked Ladies. Even got to meet Adam Gardner from Guster (!!). Way more fun than we're used to...I'm all for Netflix on the couch, but every now and again, couples really need to get out! So here's to making more time for date nights.

 The following weekend we met Andrew's family in Cincinnati and went with Andrew's sisters and cousin to see Dave Matthews Band perform with OAR. My first Dave show, Andrew's 6th. I wasn't a huge Dave fan before, but the music was really exceptional.

We all went to the Newport Aquarium the next morning, and had a great time seeing and touching all the marine life.

Had more fun than these sweet babies could handle.

Our family squeezed two more trips into July - more documenting to come. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment