Monday, May 14, 2012

Low Expectations

I've said it before and I'll say it again: low expectations are the key to life.

Due to the fact Andrew and I both have moms who celebrate their birthdays on or near Mother's Day (this year it was my mom who received double honors Sunday), we are pretty preoccupied with thinking about our own moms this time of year. So even though I've technically met the qualifications to receive Mother's Day recognition for a few years now, I still didn't expect to come downstairs to gifts and flowers.

I also didn't expect Andrew to wake up with Asher, bring me breakfast in bed, call his mom to find out how to make her roast, clean up after lunch, have me put my feet up and watch my new favorite show (Downton Abbey) with me, let me take a nap while he played with Asher, or surprise me with a pint of Graeter's Mint Chocolate Chip. 

Honey, for the record, I love the 8 piece pyrex bowl set (truly, it was one of my heart's secret desires, and if that's not proof I'm a mom, I don't know what is). I loved the delicious lunch and the Gerbra Daisies. You know Kit Kats are my favorite, and that's why I destroyed the whole king size before the sun set. I loved all the thought and effort you put into making my Mother's Day special, when you SO didn't have to. I would have let you get away with a kiss and a card. :)

I love you, Andrew Steele! You are the most genuinely good, thoughtful, loving man, and I'm so grateful to share my two sweet little Mother's Day qualifiers with you. 

Now, try not to take much of this to heart, and keep your expectations low for Father's Day. I have my work cut out for me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment